South End Soccer Code of Conduct
South End Soccer’s goal is to give children in the South End/Lower Roxbury an opportunity to experience a high quality soccer program and engender a love of the game. To this end, appropriate behavior is expected of all participants, coaches, staff, volunteers and parents.
South End Soccer reserves the right to excuse any participant, coach, staff, volunteer or parent that does not adhere to South End Soccer’s Code of Conduct.
South End Soccer’s Code of Conduct is respect towards teammates, opponents, coaches and referees; conducting oneself with honor, dignity, and self-control; exemplify good sportsmanship during wins and losses; accept decisions of coaches and referees with class and dignity; and, play of the game for the fun, the challenge, and the chance to show your best.
South End Soccer adheres to recommendations of MYSA and US Soccer in process of handling any issues on the field.
- During games: all players, parents, coaches to cheer positively and display good sportsmanship
- After games: teams to congratulate each other, coaches & thank referee
- Any display of lack of good sportsmanship will be handled as follows by coaches/referees on field:
- first offense: removal from the game till player has calmed down and apology to any players, coaches, referees
- second offense: removal for rest of game and apology to others effected
- third offense: removal from rest of game; removal from play for one week; player must come to following game/practice and cheer teammates on for at least one session; prior to returning to play, parents & player to discuss with coach & administration if player will be invited to continue to play with South End Soccer
- Note: coaches & administration reserve right to immediately remove any South End Soccer player, parent or coach from the field and at that moment terminate any affliation with the program