Youth Soccer in the Heart of Boston
South End Soccer is a non-profit 501c3 organization committed to providing high-quality soccer programming to children in Boston’s South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. Our goal is to give children between the ages of 5 & 14 the opportunity to play soccer and learn to engender a love of the game regardless of prior experience or economic means.
Our recreational league plays from September through November, we provide futsal training in the winter, soccer enrichment programming to neighborhood youth programs in the summer, and in 2014 we launched travel teams through a partnership with New England RUSH. We are a member of Mass Youth Soccer, and follow their philosophy of coach training, instruction and play.
Through the generous support of parents, community members, local businesses and organizations, we are able to provide recreational programming at no cost and travel programming at reduced rates to the participants - we want any child to be able to get on the field and join the fun!
To be added to our email list or for league question, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information on SES programs and FAQ's - Click here
- Information on sponsor opportunities and to donate - Click Here
- For league and team photos - Click here
2015 WINTER TRAINING
**** UPDATE: No Trainings on Friday Jan. 16 or Sat. Jan. 17th ****
Fridays - MYSA Tech Development Centers @ McKinley Gym
- REGISTRATION STILL OPEN for each session
- 10 wk. session for either Coed or Girls ONLY on Fridays @ McKinley Gym (90 Warren Ave, Entrance to Gym on corner of Warren & Dartmouth Streets)
- Coed Sessions from 6-7pm: Jan. 9, 23,30; Feb 6,13,27; March 6, 13,20 & 27 (only 15 slots)
- Girls ONLY Sessions from 7-8pm: Jan. 9, 23,30; Feb 6,13,27; March 6, 13,20 & 27 (only 15 slots)
Ages: 3rd - 5th grades Coed or Girls ONLY (ages U9-U12)
Registration: Register with Mass Youth Soccer, click here to REGISTER - only 15 slots per session
Registration fee: $140, Open to all Boston youth! All South End Soccer current players may receive full scholarship, email email@example.com for DISCOUNT CODE.
Description: MYSA annually runs TDCs throughout the Commonwealth. This is one of their first offerings in the city of Boston. Each Center is desgned to help players improve their technical skills and to increase their efficiency and proficiency with the ball. Weekly one-hour sessions are run by MYSA Technical Staff Coaches. For more info. click here.
NOTE: This is not an SES program, if you are not able to register online or have questions., please contact Tamie Endow, MYSA Technical Department Manager, tel: 978-466-8812 x235 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturdays - Winter Futsal & Soccer Training @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center
- Two 5 wk. sessions, Saturdays @ Melnea Cass Rec. Center (129 MLK Blvd.)
- Session 1: Jan. 10, 17, 24, 31, Feb. 7 from 5:00-6:30pm
- Session 2: Feb 28, Mar. 7, 14, 21, 28 from 5:00-6:30pm
Ages: Coed ages 3rd - 8th grade (ages U9-U14); participants to be grouped by age, gender, skill for training sessions
Registration: online with South End Soccer, click here to REGISTER, limited to first 60 youth to sign up, waitlist for all others
Registration Fee: No registration fee, free & open to all Boston youth!
Description: Futsal/soccer skill building and scrimmages lead by O'Bryant High School Boys Head Coach Ian Doreian, O'Bryant staff & players and NE Rush coaching staff. These sessions will focus on building skills including ball control, fielding and understanding of the game.
NOTE: If you are not able to register online, please contact Caroline Foscato, President & Registrar @ 617-512-9474 or email@example.com
SES ANNUAL PROGRAMS
RECREATIONAL LEAGUE - Fall only (Sep. - Nov.)
- Registration in August & September, play in September-November (Online registration currently closed)
- Play for ages 5-14 (u6, u8, u10 & U12/14 teams); click here for 2014-15 Age Chart
- No registration fee to play
- Note: all registered players are placed on a team, as space allows, waitlists may apply
TRAVEL TEAMS - Fall (Sep-Nov) & Spring (Apr-Jun)
- Boys U10, Girls U10, Boys U12, Girls U12, Boys U14, Girls U14 -C lick here for 2014-15 Age Chart
- Tryouts in June for fall/spring teams
- Teams participant in BAYS league, and practive 2x a week and have games on Saturdays
- Reduced rate fees and full scholarships for all players invited on a team
- Note: All players may not be asked to be on a travel team; selection based on skill, commitment level and attitude; all players are invited to join a fall recreational team
For Travel teams for spring of 2015, Fall 2014 teams will continue to play in Spring, and if there are available slots on teams, players will be notified of invitation to play or tryouts in Jan & Feb.
South End Soccer Announces Partnership with New England Rush, Spring 2014
South End Soccer has had recreational teams since 2008. This program continues every fall with play open youth in South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. As of the Spring of 2014, South End Soccer & New England RUSH have partnered to add travel teams to our offerings. We are now giving Boston's urban youth more opportunities for player development and competition, and pathways to varied levels of play. Travel teams will participate in the BAYS league with home games at Madison Park (or other fields in South End and Roxbury), and away games at local area towns. For more information on recreational and travel schedules and information, click here: 2014-15 Recreational and Travel Teams.
site updated 1/13/15 @ 6pm