Youth Soccer in the Heart of Boston
UPDATE as of 9/18/16: To be added to email list or questions: email@example.com
- In-House Coed League (ages 5-14): Online registration is closed, if you have an interested player, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (see below for season dates, game times)
- Travel teams (ages 9-18): (see below for links to game times) tryouts took place in June and some teams still have openings, email email@example.com for details
OPPORTUNITIES FOR HIGH SCHOOL AND COLLEGE STUDENTS
Calling teens - come referee in-house rec. games or help with administrative needs. Please click on links below to register & help give over urban 400 youth the opportunity to play the game, meet your neighbors and just have fun!
- In-house rec. league referees (previous soccer experience or knowlegde required)
- On/off the field volunteers (asst. coaches, registration table, inventory, office work)
- TOPSoccer Buddies (asst. on the field with coaches & give youth with disabiliities the opportunity to play) - learn more about TOPSoccer here, and email Emily Linderg to register or with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fall In-House Coed Rec. League
Pracitce & Game Days (Sep. 19 to Nov. 19):
-- Grade K (U6):
- Saturdays at 9-10am @ Rotch Field
-- Grade 1-2 (U8):
- Practices on Tue. night @ Madison Park
- Game Schedule Here, all games @ Hurley Field on Saturday mornings
-- Grade 3-4 (U10):
- Practices Thu. night @ Madison Park;
- Game Schedule Here, all games at 10:30a @ Rotch Field
-- Grade 5-8 (U12/14):
- Sundays btwn 2:00-3:30p @ Madison Park
-- Practices start week of Aug. 22 or 28 & Games start Sept 10 and run for 10 weeks
-- Games Schedules (www.bays.org) - click links below...
Fall of 2016, SES will launch TOPSoccer - a program designed to reach and meet the needs of children aged 5-19 years with physical and/or mental disabilities. The program caters to player development rather than competition. TOPSoccer takes the kids off the sidelines and allows them to participate in the game of soccer.
Through the efforts of US Youth Soccer, MYSA, and other members of US Youth Soccer the children participating in the TOPSoccer program will have the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging on and off the soccer pitch as well as learn the value of being part of a team, improve their self-esteem, fitness and social skills. But most importantly, enjoy the great game of soccer!
For more information on the TOPSoccer program, you can visit the TOPSoccer page on the US Youth Soccer website or to register as a coach, "buddy" or player with SES, email: email@example.com
COACHES NEEDED - more info. email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Calling coaches for our in-house rec. league (u6-u14) - MORE DETAILS
- Practice 1x week in South End or Roxbury, Games on Saturdays or Sundays Sept. 19-Nov. 19
- Join great community of volunteers that are part of adminstering South End Soccer to Boston Youth and giving over 400 urban youth the opportunity to play.
- Get your business name on jerseys and give youth in Boston the opportunity to play for FREE!
PATHWAYS TO PLAY WITH SES
1- Recreational In-House League
- (Grades: Kindergarten to 8th) Coed & Fall only
- Regisration in Aug./Sep.
- All games/practices in South End & Roxbury
2- Travel Teams: South End Rush
- (Grades: 3rd to 8th) both Fall & Spring: click here to Register and received additional details
- (Grades: 9th to 12th) Spring only: Tryouts in January, details to follow in August
- Home Games in South End / Roxbury; Away games in Greater Boston
3- Club Teams: New England Rush
IMPORTANT News from US Soccer & Mass Youth Soccer
Updates from Mass Youth Soccer Association on new heading policy as per US Soccer manadate
- Please click here to read US Soccer guidelines on parent/spectator role on sidelines.
- South End Soccer looks to each and every coach, player, parent and spectator to be the example of best in sportsmanship and appropriate sideline behavior.
- Information on SES programs and FAQ's - Click here
- What age bracket is my child in? For sample Age Chart: Click Here
- For information on Volunteer and Sponsor Opportunites: Click Here
- For league and team photos - Click here
- For League contacts: Click Here
SOUTH END SOCCER OVERVIEW
South End Soccer is a non-profit 501c3 organization committed to providing high-quality soccer programming to children in Boston’s South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. Our goal is to give children between the ages of 5 & 18 the opportunity to play soccer and learn to engender a love of the game regardless of prior experience or economic means.
Our recreational league plays from September through November, we provide futsal training in the winter, soccer enrichment programming to neighborhood youth programs in the summer, and in 2014 we launched travel teams through a partnership with New England RUSH which play in the fall and spring. To increase opportunities for youth across the city, we partner with Boston Parks & Recreation, Mass Youth Soccer, AmericaSCORES and other youth serving organizations. We are a member of Mass Youth Soccer, and follow their philosophy of coach training, instruction and play.
In 2015, we spearheaded the Boston Youth Soccer Summit, bringing together youth programs and muncipalities from across Boston to collaborate and create more opportunities for coach and player development, and to break down any barriers that hinder urban youth having access to play the world's most popular sport. Many thanks to Northeastern University, Boston Parks and Recreation and Mass Youth Soccer Assoc. for sponsoring this initiative.
Through the generous support of parents, community members, colleges and universities, local businesses and organizations, we are able to provide programming at no cost - many thanks to all supporters for being leaders in making it possible for any child to get on the field and join the fun!
RECREATIONAL LEAGUE - Fall only (Sep. - Nov.)
- Registration in August & September, play in September-November
- Play for ages 5-14 (Teams for Grades K, Grade 1/2, Grade 3/4, Grade 5-8)
- No fees to play
- Note: all registered players are placed on a team, as space allows, waitlists may apply
- Kindergarten Clinics: Saturdays 9-10am at Rotch Field
- Grades 1 - 2: Practices one day a week & games on Saturdays
- Grades 3 - 4: Practices one day a week & games on Saturdays
- Grade 5 - 8: Practices one day a week & games on Sundays
TRAVEL TEAMS - Fall (Sep-Nov) & Spring (Apr-Jun)
- 2016-17 BAYS Age Chart
- Boys and Girls teams ages: Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6, Grade 7/8, and High School
- Tryouts in June for the upcoming travel soccer season (each team plays in fall & then spring)
- Teams participant in BAYS league, and practive 2x a week and have games on Saturdays
- Reduced fees and full scholarships for all players invited on a team
- Note: All players may not be asked to be on a travel team; selection based on skill, commitment level and attitude; our Fall Recreation League is open to all, and all players, regardless of ability, will be placed on a team (space allowing, waitlists may apply)
South End Soccer Announces Partnership with New England Rush, Spring 2014
South End Soccer has had recreational teams since 2008. This program continues every fall with play open youth in South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. As of the Spring of 2014, South End Soccer & New England RUSH have partnered to add travel teams to our offerings. We are now giving Boston's urban youth more opportunities for player development and competition, and pathways to varied levels of play. Travel teams will participate in the BAYS league with home games at Madison Park (or other fields in South End and Roxbury), and away games at local area towns.