Youth Soccer in the Heart of Boston
UPDATE as of 10.11.16: To be added to email list or questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
Weather updates, cancellations: Click here for HOTLINE and confirm with your coach
Get your tickets TODAY for our 2016 Fall Fundraiser on Nov. 6th @ The Beehive
FALL 2016: Rec. & Travel
- In-House Coed League (ages 5-14): Online registration is closed, if you have an interested player, please email email@example.com (see below for season dates, game times)
- Travel teams (ages 9-18): (see below for links to game times) tryouts took place in June and some teams still have openings, email firstname.lastname@example.org for details
- Rec. & Travel Questions: email@example.com
FALL 2016: TOPSoccer
- Providing Soccer to Youth with Disabilities
Fall of 2016, SES launches TOPSoccer - a US Soccer program designed to reach and meet the needs of children aged 5-19 years with physical and/or mental disabilities. The program caters to player development rather than competition. TOPSoccer takes the kids off the sidelines, allows them to participate in the game of soccer, and have the opportunity to develop a sense of belonging on and off the soccer pitch as well as learn the value of being part of a team, improve their self-esteem, fitness and social skills. But most importantly, enjoy the great game of soccer!
2016 TEEN PAID and VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
Referee and Volunteer, Community Service, Paid Opportunities
Calling teens - come referee in-house rec. games or help with administrative needs. Please click on links below to register & help give over urban 400 youth the opportunity to play the game, meet your neighbors and just have fun!
- In-house rec. league referees (previous soccer experience or knowlegde required)
- On/off the field volunteers (asst. coaches, registration table, inventory, office work)
- TOPSoccer Buddies (asst. on the field with coaches & give youth with disabiliities the opportunity to play) - learn more about TOPSoccer here, and email Emily Linderg to register or with questions, firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Fall In-House Coed Rec. League: Schedule
Pracitce & Game Days (Sep. 19 to Nov. 19):
-- Grade K (U6) & TOPSoccer:
- Saturdays at 9-10am @ Rotch Field
-- Grade 1-2 (U8):
- Practices on Tue. night @ Madison Park
- Game Schedule Here, all games @ Hurley Field on Saturday mornings
-- Grade 3-4 (U10):
- Practices Thu. night @ Madison Park;
- Game Schedule Here, all games at 10:30a @ Rotch Field
-- Grade 5-8 (U12/14):
- Sundays btwn 2:00-3:30p @ Madison Park
2016 Fall Travel Teams: Schedule
-- Practices start week of Aug. 22 or 28 & Games start Sept 10 and run for 10 weeks
-- Games Schedules (www.bays.org) - click links below...
- MORE DETAILS - Join great community of volunteers that are part of adminstering South End Soccer to Boston Youth and giving over 400 urban youth the opportunity to play.
- Questions: email email@example.com
- Get your business name on jerseys and give youth in Boston the opportunity to play for FREE!
PATHWAYS TO PLAY WITH SES
1- SES Recreational, In-House League
(Coed teams for Kindergarten to 8th Grade)
- Teams: Coed teams for Kindergarten, Gr. 1/2; Gr. 3/4; Gr. 5-8
- When: Fall only (Sept - Nov.); registration in Aug./Sep.
- Time Commitment: Kindergarten Clinics: Saturdays 9-10am at Rotch Field; all other ages practice one day a week & games on Saturdays or Sundays
- Locations: All games/practices in South End & Roxbury
- Cost: free, no fees to play
- Selection: all register players placed on a team, regardless of level of play, as space allows (waitlist may apply)
- 2- Travel Teams: South End Rush
2- Travel Teams: South End Rush
(Boys and Girls Teams, 3rd to 8th Grade)
- Teams: Girls & Boys Gr. 3/4, Gr. 5/6, Gr. 7/8; participant in BAYS league
- When: Tryouts in May/June for the upcoming travel soccer season (each team plays in fall & then spring)
- Time Commitment: practices 2x a week and games on Saturdays
- Locations: home games/practices in South End & Roxbury; away games in Greater Boston
- Cost: No required fees to play for all players invited on a team, donations appreciated at any level
- Selection: All players may not be asked to be on a travel team and those selected will be placed on team to best suit their development; selection based on skill, commitment level and attitude
(Grades: 9th to 12th)
- These teams in partnership with AmericaSCORES
- More information: Contact Ethan Goldman, firstname.lastname@example.org
3- Club Teams: New England Rush
(Grades: 3rd to 12th)
- Tryouts in June for following fall/spring
- Practices/Home Games in Medford or Bedford; Away games throughout state
- More information: contact New England Rush, click here for more information
FAQS & More
IMPORTANT News from US Soccer & Mass Youth Soccer
Updates from Mass Youth Soccer Association on new heading policy as per US Soccer manadate
- Please click here to read US Soccer guidelines on parent/spectator role on sidelines.
- South End Soccer looks to each and every coach, player, parent and spectator to be the example of best in sportsmanship and appropriate sideline behavior.
SOUTH END SOCCER OVERVIEW
South End Soccer is a non-profit 501c3 organization committed to providing high-quality soccer programming to children in Boston’s South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. Our goal is to give children between the ages of 5 & 18 the opportunity to play soccer and learn to engender a love of the game regardless of prior experience or economic means.
Our recreational league plays from September through November, we provide futsal training in the winter, soccer enrichment programming to neighborhood youth programs in the summer, and in 2014 we launched travel teams through a partnership with New England RUSH which play in the fall and spring. To increase opportunities for youth across the city, we partner with Boston Parks & Recreation, Mass Youth Soccer, AmericaSCORES and other youth serving organizations. We are a member of Mass Youth Soccer, and follow their philosophy of coach training, instruction and play.
In 2015, we spearheaded the Boston Youth Soccer Summit, bringing together youth programs and muncipalities from across Boston to collaborate and create more opportunities for coach and player development, and to break down any barriers that hinder urban youth having access to play the world's most popular sport. Many thanks to Northeastern University, Boston Parks and Recreation and Mass Youth Soccer Assoc. for sponsoring this initiative.
Through the generous support of parents, community members, colleges and universities, local businesses and organizations, we are able to provide programming at no cost - many thanks to all supporters for being leaders in making it possible for any child to get on the field and join the fun!
Announcement: Partnership with New England Rush
South End Soccer has had recreational teams since 2008. This program continues every fall with play open youth in South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. As of the Spring of 2014, South End Soccer & New England Rush have partnered to add travel teams to our offerings, and pathways to more elite play. Our goal is to give Boston's urban youth more opportunities for player development and competition, and pathways to varied levels of play. Travel teams will participate in the BAYS league with home games at Madison Park (or other fields in South End and Roxbury), and away games at local area towns.