Youth Soccer in the Heart of Boston
UPDATE as of 8/18/16: To be added to email list or questions: email@example.com
FALL 2016 - Registration OPEN
- In-House League (ages 5-14): Reigstration OPEN - Click Here to Pre-register online and then MUST attend in-person assessment in September - see below for season dates
- Travel teams (ages 9-18): tryouts took place in June and most team rosters are full EXCEPT we have openings for Grade 7/8 boys and girls teams, email firstname.lastname@example.org to register
- We still have a few teams that need sponsors
- Get your business name on jerseys and give youth in Boston the opportunity to play for FREE!
- Own or know a business that would like to sponsor a team and have there name on dozens of jerseys and join other businesses and organizations in making an impact for urban youth?
- Click Here for opportunities to sponsor a team or league at $1,000, $2,500, $5,000 or more!
- email: email@example.com for details
COACHES NEEDED - email firstname.lastname@example.org TODAY to learn more
- Boys U10 Travel coaches: Practice 2x a week at Roxbury YMCA, 10 games (5 home, 5 away) on Saturdays starting Sept. 10
- Boys U14 Travel coaches: Practice 2x a week at Roxbury YMCA, 10 games (5 home, 5 away) on Saturdays starting Sept. 10
- Varied teams in our in-house rec. league (u6-u14): Practice 1x week in South End or Roxbury, Games on Saturdays or Sundays Sept. 19-Nov. 19
- Seeklng fun, energic, soccer loving coaches. Experience with soccer and coaching preferred but not required, training provided as needed.
- Join great community of volunteers that are part of adminstering South End Soccer to Boston Youth and giving urban youth the opportunity to play.
FALL 2016 SEASON DATES:
In-house rec. league
-- All players MUST attend one of following Player Assesments: Thu. Sep. 8, 6-8pm @ Blackstone OR Sat. Sept. 10, 9am -12pm @ Rotch (you can register there or pre-register online)
-- Meet your coach: Sat.. Sept. 17 or Sun. Sept. 18 (depends on age group, email to follow)
-- Pracitce & Game Days (Sep. 19 to Nov. 19):
- Grade K (U6): Saturdays at 9am @ Rotch Field
- Grade 1-2 (U8): Practices on Tuesdays 6pm @ Madison Park; Games Saturdays rotate between 9a-1p @ Hurley Field
- Grade 3-4 (U10): Practices Thursdays 7pm @ Madision Park; Games Saturdays at 10:30a @ Rotch Field
- Grade 5-8 (U12/14): Practices Mondays 7pm @ Madison Park; Games Sundays btwn 2-5p @ Madison Park
- All rosters full, except Grade 7/8 Boys & Girls teams- email email@example.com for info. on these teams
- Practices start week of Aug. 22 or 28 (contact coach for schedule)
- Games start Sept 10 and run for 10 weeks (contact coach for schedule and listed on website and BAYS.org after Labor Day)
PATHWAYS TO PLAY WITH SES
1- Recreational In-House League
- (Grades: Kindergarten to 8th) Fall only
- Regisration in Aug/Sep - Details to follow over summer
- All games/practices in South End & Roxbury
2- Travel Teams: South End Rush
- (Grades: 3rd to 8th) both Fall & Spring: click here to Register and received additional details
- (Grades: 9th to 12th) Spring only: Tryouts in January, details to follow in August
- Home Games in South End / Roxbury; Away games in Greater Boston
3- Club Teams: New England Rush
IMPORTANT News from US Soccer & Mass Youth Soccer
Updates from Mass Youth Soccer Association on new heading policy as per US Soccer manadate
- Please click here to read US Soccer guidelines on parent/spectator role on sidelines.
- South End Soccer looks to each and every coach, player, parent and spectator to be the example of best in sportsmanship and appropriate sideline behavior.
- Information on SES programs and FAQ's - Click here
- What age bracket is my child in? For sample Age Chart: Click Here
- For information on Volunteer and Sponsor Opportunites: Click Here
- For league and team photos - Click here
- For League contacts: Click Here
SOUTH END SOCCER OVERVIEW
South End Soccer is a non-profit 501c3 organization committed to providing high-quality soccer programming to children in Boston’s South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. Our goal is to give children between the ages of 5 & 18 the opportunity to play soccer and learn to engender a love of the game regardless of prior experience or economic means.
Our recreational league plays from September through November, we provide futsal training in the winter, soccer enrichment programming to neighborhood youth programs in the summer, and in 2014 we launched travel teams through a partnership with New England RUSH which play in the fall and spring. To increase opportunities for youth across the city, we partner with Boston Parks & Recreation, Mass Youth Soccer, AmericaSCORES and other youth serving organizations. We are a member of Mass Youth Soccer, and follow their philosophy of coach training, instruction and play.
In 2015, we spearheaded the Boston Youth Soccer Summit, bringing together youth programs and muncipalities from across Boston to collaborate and create more opportunities for coach and player development, and to break down any barriers that hinder urban youth having access to play the world's most popular sport. Many thanks to Northeastern University, Boston Parks and Recreation and Mass Youth Soccer Assoc. for sponsoring this initiative.
Through the generous support of parents, community members, colleges and universities, local businesses and organizations, we are able to provide programming at no cost - many thanks to all supporters for being leaders in making it possible for any child to get on the field and join the fun!
RECREATIONAL LEAGUE - Fall only (Sep. - Nov.)
- Registration in August & September, play in September-November (Online registration currently closed)
- Play for ages 5-14 (Teams for Grades K, Grade 1/2, Grade 3/4, Grade 5-8)
- No fees to play
- Note: all registered players are placed on a team, as space allows, waitlists may apply
- Kindergarten Clinics: Saturdays 9-10am at Rotch Field
- Grades 1 - 2: Practices one day a week & games on Saturdays
- Grades 3 - 4: Practices one day a week & games on Saturdays
- Grade 5 - 8: Practices one day a week & games on Sundays
TRAVEL TEAMS - Fall (Sep-Nov) & Spring (Apr-Jun)
- 2016-17 BAYS Age Chart
- Boys and Girls teams ages: Grade 3/4, Grade 5/6, Grade 7/8, and High School
- Tryouts in June for the upcoming travel soccer season (each team plays in fall & then spring)
- Teams participant in BAYS league, and practive 2x a week and have games on Saturdays
- Reduced fees and full scholarships for all players invited on a team
- Note: All players may not be asked to be on a travel team; selection based on skill, commitment level and attitude; our Fall Recreation League is open to all, and all players, regardless of ability, will be placed on a team (space allowing, waitlists may apply)
South End Soccer Announces Partnership with New England Rush, Spring 2014
South End Soccer has had recreational teams since 2008. This program continues every fall with play open youth in South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. As of the Spring of 2014, South End Soccer & New England RUSH have partnered to add travel teams to our offerings. We are now giving Boston's urban youth more opportunities for player development and competition, and pathways to varied levels of play. Travel teams will participate in the BAYS league with home games at Madison Park (or other fields in South End and Roxbury), and away games at local area towns.