Youth Soccer in the Heart of Boston
UPDATED AS OF 4/9/15
South End Soccer is a non-profit 501c3 organization committed to providing high-quality soccer programming to children in Boston’s South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. Our goal is to give children between the ages of 5 & 14 the opportunity to play soccer and learn to engender a love of the game regardless of prior experience or economic means.
Our recreational league plays from September through November, we provide futsal training in the winter, soccer enrichment programming to neighborhood youth programs in the summer, and in 2014 we launched travel teams through a partnership with New England RUSH. We are a member of Mass Youth Soccer, and follow their philosophy of coach training, instruction and play.
Through the generous support of parents, community members, local businesses and organizations, we are able to provide recreational programming at no cost and travel programming at reduced rates to the participants - we want any child to be able to get on the field and join the fun!
To be added to our email list or for league question, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information on SES programs and FAQ's - Click here
- Information on sponsor opportunities and to donate - Click Here
- For league and team photos - Click here
SOUTH END SOCCER PROGRAMS
RECREATIONAL LEAGUE - Fall only (Sep. - Nov.)
- Registration in August & September, play in September-November (Online registration currently closed)
- Play for ages 5-14 (u6, u8, u10 & U12/14 teams); click here for 2014-15 Age Chart
- No fees to play
- Note: all registered players are placed on a team, as space allows, waitlists may apply
TRAVEL TEAMS - Fall (Sep-Nov) & Spring (Apr-Jun)
- Boys U10, Girls U10, Boys U12, Girls U12, Boys U14, Girls U14 -Click here for 2014-15 Age Chart
- Tryouts in May or June for the upcoming fall teams (each team plays in fall & then spring)
- Teams participant in BAYS league, and practive 2x a week and have games on Saturdays
- Reduced fees and full scholarships for all players invited on a team
- Note: All players may not be asked to be on a travel team; selection based on skill, commitment level and attitude; our Fall Recreation League is open to all, and all players, regardless of ability, will be placed on a team (space allowing, waitlists may apply)
South End Soccer Announces Partnership with New England Rush, Spring 2014
South End Soccer has had recreational teams since 2008. This program continues every fall with play open youth in South End, Roxbury, Chinatown and adjacent neighborhoods. As of the Spring of 2014, South End Soccer & New England RUSH have partnered to add travel teams to our offerings. We are now giving Boston's urban youth more opportunities for player development and competition, and pathways to varied levels of play. Travel teams will participate in the BAYS league with home games at Madison Park (or other fields in South End and Roxbury), and away games at local area towns. For more information on recreational and travel schedules and information, click here: 2014-15 Recreational and Travel Teams.